The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

I have a Whirlpool dryer, model#LER6620PQ0. The belt has come

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool dryer, model#LER6620PQ0. The belt has come off. I need a view to put back together. There was a part in the bottom of the dryer when I took off the front...a bracket with a wheel...not sure where it to put it.
Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 4 years ago.

Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.
The bracket with a wheel is the belt tensioner. It fits into a slot in the floor of the dryer in alignment with the motor pulley.
To get to it you need to remove the front of the unit. To do that insert a putty knife between the top and bottom of the cabinet about 1-2" in from the sides. Press in to release the spring clips. With the top raised remove the two screws on either side of the front cover inside the unit. Disconnect any wires and the front comes off. Replace the tensioner wheel and install a new belt.
While you are in there check the condition of all roller support wheels. If wobbely replace them. Put it back together and you are good to go.
Thank you for allowing me to help you with your problem. If you need further information please reply to me and I will be happy to assist you further.
If you have no further questions please select a positive rating at this time. This will not close your question, or prevent you from asking follow up questions. All it does is make sure that I receive credit for my work. Your satisfaction is still 100% guaranteed. If for any reason you do not see the rating box or do not receive an e-mail confirmation that your rating processed please let me know.

**PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU RATE**

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Is it possible to send a picture of how the assembly should look before and after putting the drum back in?

Here is the parts breakdown page. Doing a drawing of the belt routing now.

Here is the belt routing.

**PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU RATE**