Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The ice maker on my Monogram refridgerator model # XXXXX

The ice maker on my Monogram refridgerator model # XXXXX will only deliver crushed ice. When the cube button is pushed you only get crushed ice.

How do I correct ths problem.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If the ice dispenser only dispenses crushed cubes, this means that your bar along the bottom of the bin is not being lifted. If you remove the bin you'll see the metal bar along the bottom of it which is used to change the ice dispenser from crushed to cubed. Look at the back wall behind the ice bin now. You'll see a hole that the metal bar goes through. This is where a white plastic stirrup pulls up on the lever to change the bin to "cubed" ice. Make sure that the metal bar does not slide under the stirrup when you re-install the bucket. Try the dispenser again and if it still won't dispense cubed ice, you'll need to order and replace the ice solenoid that lifts the stirrup looking device behind the back panel inside the freezer. Below is a link to the ice solenoid you'll need to order and replace if needed.

CLICK HERE

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.