John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

The "bridge" area between my GE Profile refrigerator, model

Customer Question

The "bridge" area between my GE Profile refrigerator, model TCS18, fridge and bottom freezer sections is sticking out on the side that the doors open! This is breaking the seal on both the fridge and freezer where the door opens! Is this covered by life-long guarantee / replaceable - at what cost?

Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 4 years ago.
Hi, Brenda. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.
I will need the complete model number from the manufacturers lable inside the refrigerator compartment.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you. Looking this up for you now.

Please understand that I am not the worlds fastest typer and it can take up to 15 minuets to gather the information you need and type it all up. I may also be working with multiple customers and that also can delay my reply to you.
Rest assured I will not leave you hanging. If you like reply to me and ask how much longer I will be. I'll be happy to let you know. Relisting your question will not get you a faster reply. Please bear with me and I promise to type as fast as my fingers can find the keys.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Smitty!

I did NOT intentionally relist my question. I closed down your email and waited for the next email to come. Guess this causes another question from me? I'm patient and will wait.

Key is whether this is fixable and if so, what specifications should I provide for a repair person who is coming to do the job? Second key is the cost - and is it worth it? I hope this fridge would last more than 14 years! Thanks!

You are doing it right. It did not start another thread.

Looking at the parts breakdown I am unable to determine what may be causing the center part to stick out.

Can you take a few pictures of it so I can see what you are working with? You can upload them to our servers here at JA.

Here is how you upload them-

At the top of your reply box is a icon that looks like a paper clip.

Click on the icon. It will bring up a box.

Click on browse. Another box will appear.

Click on browse again in that box.

Navigate to the place in your computer where the picture is. Select it, and then in the second box click on upload.

The second box will disapear. NOTE: You must wait for this to happen.

In the first box click on insert.

This will upload your picture, and you should see it displayed in your reply box.

Repeat the process to upload another picture.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Smitty!

I am UNABLE to take a picture and send it to you at this time. I could get my neighbour to take a picture late today to forward to you, which will come after your closing time EDT (I'm on the west coast in Pacific Daylight savings time). Nothing more can be done at this time, it seems. Will you be able to email me back tomorrow with this info.? Otherwise, I'd likely have to start all over again tomorrow?

I am on the west coast too. We never close. Th eoffice is in S.F. and they close at 5, but the web site operates 24/7/365.

I will be on the rest of the afternoon today till at least 5 or so.

The link below will bring you right back here. Just save it to return here.