Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a microwave model FMV156DCC, frigidiare over the stove

I have a microwave model FMV156DCC, frigidiare over the stove serial #7G62305461 it just stopped working. The lights,clock,exaust fan,timer all work. when you press the start to cook the light comes on and timer starts to count down, just no turnning of the table or internal fan and no heating with no sound comming from the unit. what do you suggest? Parts or new appliance?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If the timer is counting down but you don't hear any motors running and it's not heating---this means that your microwave thinks one of your 3 door switches has failed. You will need to remove the control panel and test the door switches to determine which one is faulty. If for some reason all 3 test good, then the display control board is actually bad and not reading the door switches properly so you'll need to order and replace to fix the issue. Below is a video that shows you how to remove the control panel so that you can test the door switches.

CLICK HERE for video

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.