Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

icemaker problems; fills with water, keeps turning , dumps

icemaker problems; fills with water, keeps turning , dumps water. fills with water, never stops turning. Type of icemakeer is a flex tray. Thank you Dewey Morris =;
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that i can better assist you? it should be located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

model no.106.7687310

OK perfect, thank you. If the icemaker continues to cycle without freezing the water, then that means the thermostat built into the icemaker has failed and it continues to think that the water has already frozen into ice even though it hasn't. You'll need to order and replace the entire icemaker to fix this issue and since it's an "all in one assembly" it's not cheap at all. In fact the part is almost $400 I'm afraid to say. Below is a link to the icemaker if you wanted to replace the part.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.