Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

My KUDC03FVSS is only 1.5 years old and has already developed

Customer Question

My KUDC03FVSS is only 1.5 years old and has already developed a problem. It fails to get beyond the wash portion of the cycle and repeats the wash portion of the cycle indefinitely until I hit the cancel button, at which point it drains so I can air dry the load.

I'm a fairly competent DIYer and am hoping I can perform the repairs.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name isXXXXX am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

,

,

What buttons from left to right do you have on the control panel?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Chas, that's a good question. I'm at work and the dishwasher is at home. Possibly I can find a panel layout on the web and get back to you in a few minutes.

I think there are possibilities to select either a Rinse, Regular Wash or Heavy Duty. We've always stuck with Reg. Wash. Also, we never use the heated dry.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
let me know when you get home, we may need to do a reset of the computer on the unit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I should be home this evening around 6PM Eastern time.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
no problem I am on eastern time also
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK, I'm back at the ranch, Chas.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Try this for me

.

with the door closed press the following buttons then tell me what happens?

hi temp wash

heated dry

hi temp wash

heated dry

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the fourth one, a second press of "Heated Dry" got all the lights lit up.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

that second Heated Dry got all the lights lit.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Then what happen after you waited a while?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

well, i didn't wit very long to hit the cancel button, since it went into wash mode.

let me try again and wait...

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
It is going through a self diagnostic cycle that takes about 10 to 20 minutes, after that then run a wash cycle and see what happens.
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Well, its now dinner time and I also hate running without a load to get washed. I'll get back to you tomorrow, since I assume someone wants to get paid... :)

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

I understand.

.

.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.

.

.

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Chas,

We've run the dishwasher a few times. It still has the same problem. The last time, I did that computer reset thing again, but it didn't help. After I do that, and it runs through the self diagnosis, all the lights are lite up.

Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks,

Tim

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

You will need to replace the main control board, this is part number W10285180, You can order the parts you need from the following places, www.apwagner.com, www.repairclinic.com, www.searspartsdirect.com, or www.partstore.com, all of these places offer easy returns and reasonable prices for their items.

.

.

Main Control Board W10285180 Main Product View

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That's what I was thinking, too. I'll be back in touch once I obtain the new part and am ready to be walked through replacing it.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
No problem, this is a very easy part to replace, you will be done in 20 minutes or less doing it. You may want to check EBAY also, sometimes they have them cheap...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So, it sounds like this part fails all too reliably for them to be available just about everywhere short of the local corner store. Maybe I should grab a "contractor pack" for those additional replacement down the road... :)

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
IF you don't use the extras you can sell them on EBAY!!!Money mouth
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Chas,

The replacement part arrived and I'm ready to install it this weekend. The bubblewrap it is in has a "static sensitive contents" warning sticker on the outside. Any recommendations there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Chas,

Do I need to put more money in the meter to find out how to replace the control panel board I bought?

thanks,

Tim

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
No more money is necessary, let me kow when you are back on line so I can try to assist you with your problem..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I missed receiving your reply yesterday afternoon. It got stuck in my quarantined emails.

Will you be around over the weekend? If not, that's fine. I won't be able to get away from work during the week until next Wednesday.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
I will be online for a while today if yo want to do it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok, what's a good time for you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I missed you today. I'll check back with you later in the week.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
See you on Wed.