Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have an Amana D965E dehumidfier, and just recently it now

I have an Amana D965E dehumidfier, and just recently it now won't turn on. I have tried unplugging it, and then plugging it back in several times, but it just comes on for a couple seconds before shutting back off. It is only about 1 1/2 years old. Is this a computer mod problem or something? Can it be fixed?
Hello and thank you for using this service,

I am afraid this has been a common issue on that dehumidifier. The main control board is bad. The problem is you can not get parts for the unit. All dehumdifiers no matter what the brand name says are made overseas and subcontracted out. They do not offer parts for them as they are just considered throw outs. I wish I had better news for you. My advice is buy the cheapest dehumidifier out there as they are all the same quality.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I was afraid of that. I have 2 other dehumidifiers on the property that are 30 years old that still work like a charm, yet this thing craps out RIGHT after the warranty period expires. What a waste of time, energy, and precious resources. Thanks anyway.

Yes I know all of these dehumidifiers are junk now of days and remember it does not matter the brand, they are all made by a few companies overseas with zero parts available for any of them....even when there is a warranty issue they would just give you a new one. If you call and raise some H*** they may give you a new one as that is all they would have done under warranty anyway.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

FYI, I finally got this dehumidifier working. I held down the on/off button, while simultaneously unplugging, and plugging it back in several times. It seemed to un-stick the computer board and has worked like a charm every since! (The manufacturer and the dealer stonewalled any compensation to replace it so I got desperate!)