Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

my machine a maytag series 2000 is exhibiting codes E1 and

my machine a maytag series 2000 is exhibiting codes E1 and F6 and won't start cycle
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Thank you for providing the error code, that helps tremendously. E1 F6 means that your main central control board (CCU) and the motor control board (MCU) are not communicating with one another properly. The motor control board is located under the tub mounted to the floor of the washer. The CCU is mounted under the top panel of the washer and is the part with about 100 wires going into it. You'll want to remove the top panel and the lower front panel to check the wire connections and make sure they are all secure. If everything looks good, then you just have to guess which control board you want to replace first, either the MCU or the CCU and the problem is that there is no way to test and determine which part is faulty so it's just a guessing game.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.