Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My dryer 2004 Sears started this morning just fine and 2 minutes

Customer Question

My dryer 2004 Sears started this morning just fine and 2 minutes later it stoped and reads E1 any idea what this meana?
Thanks Deb
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you and see what this error means? It should be located on a sticker just inside the door way and can be seen if you open the door. The model should start with a 110 . XXXXXXXXX

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
OK perfect, thank you. E1 means that your thermistor is failing and will need to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue. The thermistor is the sensor that regulates the heat in the dryer. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace to fix the issue.

CLICK HERE for thermistor

If you remove the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel, you can remove the lower front panel by pulling down and forward. Unplug the dryer and look behind the lint filter enclosure to the left. There is a little 1" thin flat plastic device attached to the top of the blower wheel housing. You will need to order and replace this thermistor to correct your problems.