Appliance Parts
Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  Appliance tech since 1992. Factory authorized

Door will not open after several tries and different methods.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

When you got the door opened, was there any water in the tub still?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

We haven't been able to open the door but I can tell there is no water in there. I've rewashed the same load several times trying to see if it would open and each time it went through its cycle it drained and spun as normal. I've had the drainage problem before so I'm familiar with how to fix some of the problems.

OK well the first thing you need to do is open the door. Why haven't you been able to open the door? Didn't you say you found out how to manually unlock the door by removing the bottom panel and such?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes. We took the bottom panel off.. layed on the floor and put a styrofoam wedge in between the tub and front of machine so we could get our hands up there with a flash light and mirror. Neither of us could seem to find the latch they were talking about. The fact that it was so tight and dark made it a little harder to find (if it's even there). I figured if I could get the top panel off I might be able to see something but I don't want to do that without proper instructions. I usually find videos and info online to fix some of the house hold items and lawn mowers, but I haven't come across the right info on this particular model. The bottom panel is still off and the machine is unplugged so I figured I'd try to figure this out before putting humpty back together.

OK well this latch is opened differently based on your model number than what you had read. On this model, you should just unplug the dishwasher for 10 minutes and the door should unlock so you can open it. Can you unlock the door and tell me if it unlocks---and if so is there water in the tub when you remove the clothes?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Plugged the washer back in and tried to open the door. It still will not open

Hi my name isXXXXX have been an appliance servicer since 1992.
The door lock and switch assembly can be
replaced through the top of the washer.
Remove the top panel by removing the rear screws of the top. Slide the top panel back and up.This should remove the top.
Disconnect the two wire plugs by reaching down from the
top, opening the door, and removing the mounting
screws and lifting the door lock out through the
I believe your problems will be solved by just changing the door switch.
You can use the OEM part# XXXXX for the door switch. But it is extremely expensive. Frigidaire makes the same switch for half the cost:NNN-NN-NNNNbr/>
Both parts can be Googled or Repair clinic is one that has them.
Hope this helps you

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.

Rating my response does not close this question. After you rate me you can continue to ask follow-up questions at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE. If you need anything else, please just let me know at any time.
Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech
Experience: Appliance tech since 1992. Factory authorized
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks Rick.. just the info I was looking for. I will do that right now. Thanks, Coreen

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

After getting the door opened and looking at the part online and comparing notes, I noticed that part of the door switch that the door catch enters was cracked on the bottom opening. I ordered the frigidaire part you gave me through sears It was just a few bucks cheaper than repair clinic. Repair clinic gave an awesome video on how to install it. Shouldn't take more than 10 minutes. Thanks again for your expertise. You saved me some cash and time. Thanks again, Coreen

Thank you!