Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The electric stove which is a Hot Point and certainly an old

Customer Question

The electric stove which is a Hot Point and certainly an old stove, two burners have “only high temperature.” They don’t create middle temperatures. (Two burners work fine.) Mike and I are conjecturing that some sort of rheostat is inside which the handle adjusts varying the electricity flow and thus the heat. Can you research this on the internet and see what might be needed to fix.
Submitted: 2 years ago via PartSelect.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker around the frame of the oven and can be seen if you open the door or remove the drawer below the door if there is one.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will have to get back to you on that after I check with the tenant.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
ok, just let me know.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no one can seem to find the model number,. How do I send a picture to you?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
There is a paper clip icon above the text box. If you attach a picture using this button I should be able to see it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
OK so without a model number, you'll have to fix this oven with a universal part made by GE (who makes Hotpoint). The burners are working or they wouldn't heat at all. That unfortunately means that the burner switches which regulator the burners and turn them on need to be replaced. This is the part directly behind the knob of each burner. Just order and replace the two burner switches that aren't working and you should be good to go again. Below is a link to the part you need to order and you'll want to order two of them.

CLICK HERE for burner switches

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok, yes I will sure do that. However I am having trouble ordering the part. The website does not go past check out. So, maybe I need to open with a different browser?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Possibly, or you can just call them directly to order the part.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I did receive the parts you recommended that I order, however, they did not fix the problem so we need to return. The stove is now scheduled to be replaced.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry they did not work, that is the only universal burner switch that is made for Hotpoint I'm afraid.