Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My Whirlpool dishwasher wont start. The green light associated

My Whirlpool dishwasher won't start. The green light associated with a pic of a padlock is on (so its getting juice) but when we push the "clean" button nothing happens other than the green "padlock" button blinks a few times and then just stays green. In fact we get that same result no matter which button we press. I replaced the two door switches thinking that was the problem, but nothing changed. I also turned the juice off at the fuse box and let it sit overnight in case it had to "reset"... didn't help. Its a "Quiet Partner 1" if that helps. What can I do next? Clayton.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I may better assist you? It should be located on a sticker around the frame of the tub and can be seen if you open the door.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

None of the numbers say "model number", so I will give you all the numbers... DU1050XTPB0, SER # XXXXX Type # XXXXX Hope that helps.

Yes, perfect. DU1050XTPB0 is your model number. Now lets see if you can reset the control lock. Press and hold the "heated dry" button for 5 seconds. If it doesn't unlock, try to turn the circuit breaker off for 60 seconds to see if it will reset. If that doesn't work, you'll need to order and replace the control board inside the door to fix the issue. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace to fix the issue.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.