Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Hello, I have a Bosch Nexxt 500 Series washer and trying to

Hello, I have a Bosch Nexxt 500 Series washer and trying to check for a possible clog, I viewed a video on this where the drain plug unscrews, drains, then can be removed...mine keeps turning and turning and will not come off. Is there a trick to this? Thank you.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

There is not a trick to this at all. The plastic cap just turns counter clockwise and unscrews, then pulls out. If you can't pull it out, then possibly something is stuck holding the drain catch inside the pump cavity. Sometimes a sock or something will get down through the hose between the drain pump and the plastic outer tub. This can be a really big problem and might require a technician because the top panel, the control panel, and the front panel all need to be removed in order to access the rubber hose between the drain pump and tub in order to remove the debris and check to see what is causing the drain catch from pulling out.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your quick reply, there must be something holding that screw just spins and spins but won't come out so I can see in there, feels like there is a catch or tab that needs to be pressed to release it.

There is not. But there is a large hole in the pump cavity where the hose between the tub and pump connects and things can get jammed in this hole preventing the catch from pulling out. Believe me, I own this exact same machine and I've worked on hundreds of them in my profession.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

How much/little "persuasion" would you recommend trying on pulling that out?

Well, I have seen the plastic cap detatch from the plastic catch behind it that it's attached to, so I wouldn't pull too hard unless you plan on just breaking the cap off, then breaking the catch apart to remove it and replacing the cap and catch. It really shouldn't require any force to pull it out if there isn't a problem.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I pulled a little harder while jiggling it and it came right out...lots of stuff in there, fabric, coins, pins, gunk. Cleaned it all out and we'll see if that does the trick....thank you.

no problem and I'm glad you got it all out. Hopefully that takes care of the issue.