Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

after running self clean process oven will now only heat to

Customer Question

after running self clean process oven will now only heat to 175 degrees. broil element does not appear to work either. could i have burned both elements at once?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker around the frame of the oven and can be seen if you open the door.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

kitchenaid superba 27

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
OK so the oven stops heating after self clean (or even sometimes broiling) because there is a thermal fuse on the back of the oven that monitors if the oven gets too hot. Now the problem with these thermal fuses is that they are set at such a low tolerance that they will fail even when nothing is wrong if you run the unit through self clean since it gets so hot. You'll need to uninstall the entire oven and remove the back panel to access the thermal fuse you need to replace. To avoid the issue in the future, just turn the self clean time down to something like 2:30 instead of 3:30.

CLICK HERE FOR PART

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.