Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

my kenmore washer will not quit running water into it, and

my kenmore washer will not quit running water into it, and it is not holding the water. What can I do?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

This is a common failure with washers and it's a really easy fix. The problem is that the drain hose is siphoning the water out the tub as it's filling. The drain hose needs to raise up to the top of the washer and then down into the drain pipe no more than 6 inches. if the drain hose is stuffed down too far, the water will start to siphon out.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.