Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a model DLG5932W Gas Dryer that was converted from Natural

I have a model DLG5932W Gas Dryer that was converted from Natural Gas to Propane and I want to convert it back, what do I need? Also how do I access the inside of the dryer?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Did you save the oriface that was replaced from when it was natural gas by chance?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I do not

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I do not have the orifice

OK then you'll need to order a new natural gas oriface again. Below is a link to the part.

Now you need to get into the dryer in order to replace this oriface mounted just in front of the igniter on the burner assembly below the drum. To access, use a putty knife and push on the two hidden metal spring clips that hold the top panel to the front panel. These clips are located in the crease between the top and front panel. If both clips are pushed back, the top panel will unclip and hinge up and backwards so that you can access the screws coming from the inside of the dryer holding the front panel on. Remove the screws coming from the inside and then open the door and you need to remove the 2 screws below the door way. Now you can remove the front panel to access the inside of the dryer to replace the oriface.

The only other thing you need to do is adjust the gas valve. Look at the picture below and do you see that white screw shaft that I have circled. If it was converted to propane the silver nut will be all the way down against the body of the valve. You need to unscrew the WHITE screw (not the silver nut) until the silver nut is raised to the same height as in the picture.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.
I see this question is still open and you haven't rated me, is there anything else I can help you with today?