Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I was sent out to diagnostic 2 washers one of them I condemned

I was sent out to diagnostic 2 washers one of them I condemned the other was no problem the one I condemned I tried to repair replaced the lid switch fixed it for 2 loads only customer purchased new how do you charge for that type of repair when it wasn't fixed and purchased not from me. Do I charge just for the washer that was repaired and eat the cost of the other. please need input
I also have a customer that I am refurbishing his cook top its the old style where the sink cook top counter space is all connected I replaced the switches , burners and connectors it works fine but cont seem to get the light to go on which is for the cook to indicate that the
burners is on what can i do to resolve this
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! In my company, if the customer decided to replace the washer without calling me back to allow another repair attempt, that is their choice but I cannot pay for their decision. Some customers have little patience, but that cannot be allowed to determine your loss or gain, it is their personal choice. However, if they are a repeat customer, you may wish to credit them something. One happy customer may tell another person but an unhappy customer will tell a lot! If you made money on the one you fixed, it will probably be a good business decision to credit them on the other.

As far as the cooktop, if you replaced the switches and they all work, you likely have a bad bulb for the pilot indicator. This can be tested by measuring for voltage at the bulb. No voltage is a switch or wiring issue and voltage with no light means bulb issue. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Rating my answer "OK Service" or better is the only way I receive credit for helping you. If you need additional help or clarification, please let me know. I will work to earn your highest rating! You may refer back to this question for as long as necessary after rating, AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE, until your problem is resolved.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

1st ? if you cannot repair you do not charge your customers?

2nd ? customer is very pleased with the outcome of his refurbished built in cook top requested to bill him even when light not working. I believe its a safety issue what is your in put

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.

I charge a trip charge and diagnostic fee for every call, regardless of whether they want to repair it or not. If it is something that I cannot or choose not to repair, I do not charge. If it is something that cannot be repaired, they are responsible for the trip charge and diagnostic fee. However, every call is different. If you have a customer that is a good repeat customer or you have repaired a second machine, you really won't be losing if you make a partial credit on the second machine. If you cannot figure out what the issue is and correct it, that is not the customer's fault. If you could figure it out and correct it but the customer replaced the machine instead, that is the customer's choice. If they made that choice without consulting you first, they have assumed all responsibility. I always "go with my gut" on these types of calls because you may keep the $50 for the second machine (or whatever dollar amount) but if you lose that customer and all of their friends, family and neighbors as customers, that $50 is pretty small in comparison. Go with how you would expect and want to be treated if you were in their position and you will not go wrong.

For the cooktop, I would prefer the light be working, concerned about the potential for hazard as well.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you I feel the info you gave me was very helpful and will rate you the highest rating.

Just one more question for now regarding the cook top, I will check bulb if that is not the problem can you recommend what to look at next?

Also can I consult with you regarding this problem if still exist

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
It almost has to be the bulb because the power comes from the new switches. If you have power, check the neutral to the bulb. You may simply save the URL to your favorites or come back through a link that has been sent to your email. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the neutral wire was taped off per instructions that came with switch so where should the wire go?

,
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
The neutral to the light was taped off? Is the light a 120 VAC bulb or a 240 VAC bulb? It should say right on the bulb what voltage it is.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here