gst85
gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs
51919146

Good Morning. I just noticed a "clicking sound" coming from

Good Morning.
I just noticed a "clicking sound" coming from the bottom of my Whirlpool side by side refrigerator. The click is followed quickly by a second click. I believe I hear the motor change intensity when the click happens.
Any ideas?
Thank you
Scott Bowers
Category: Appliance
Expert:  gst85 replied 2 years ago.
Good morning. do you have the full model number?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry, I should have included it. Model #ED5FTGXKQ01

Expert:  gst85 replied 2 years ago.
No problem at all. ok, so you have noticed this clicking noise, does it sound like its coming from the back like perhaps from the compressor compartment? and is the freezer and fridge still cooling properly?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It does sound like it's coming from the back. The freezer and fridge seem to be cooling properly.

Expert:  gst85 replied 2 years ago.
Ok, do this, go around the back and remove the lower access panel, you should be able to hear exactly were the sound is coming from. it sould have to be from the compressor tell me if the condenser fan is running which is right next to the compressor?
Expert:  gst85 replied 2 years ago.
Here is a diagram that will help you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks

Expert:  gst85 replied 2 years ago.

You are welcome. take your time please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm not capable of doing this. I will call to have a Whirlpool factory sevice to make a service call. Thank you very much

Expert:  gst85 replied 2 years ago.
I understand, i hope that i have been helpful. if you are able to get to it they will most likely replace the overload device on the compressor. if you have no further questions, please click on a smiley face.Smile
gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs