Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

New dishwasher, ran normal cycle, dishes are wet...why?

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So a lot of new dishwashers are getting this complaint but especially Viking. This is due to the high energy efficiency standerds which the dishwasher must meet to obtain an energy star rating now. New dishwashers will never dry as well as the older units because they must limit the energy consumption and most of the energy is used during the dry cycle. That being said, you MUST use a rinse agent now. The best one I've found is the Jet Dry Turbo. It's much better than the original Jet Dry and it will help with drying the dishes substantially.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.