Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

My freezer drawer is stuck on my fridge

My freezer drawer is stuck on my fridge. I've tried forcing it open with two guys but it won't move past a certain point. I also tried removing the upper fridge door so I could remove the lower freezer door but that didn't work either. Right not it's not sealed very well so the fridge is running at max the whole time to keep the content of the freezer frozen. We have to put down a towel to soak up the water that melts. 

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using this service,

It may have frozen in the unit if the defrost drain line has clogged up and the drawer has become frozen in solid with ice, this is the most likely issue...Now other than defrosting it I can not think of any other way to get it out...How far can you open the drawer?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks. That what we thought it might be too. We can open it maybe an inch...
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Any thoughts on how we could be sure if it's frozen? If it's not and we unthaw it all the food will unthaw as well. if that gets rotten and we can't open the drawer were in a bit of trouble. Is there no way of removing the door without opening it?
Yeah, before you break anything as that will be very expensive. I would put the items in a cooler and let the unit defrost for may not need to defrost it for too long, but long enough to open the drawerr. I would let it defrost for about 1-2hrs and give it a pull...there is not much else you can do as you will break the door front if you pull too hard.
Go to this link and go to page 16 to see how the drawer off

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ahhh so the drawer has to be open to remove it. Catch 22' it seems. If it isn't frozen what are the options?

(and thanks! I'll definitely accept this and give a good review. much appreciated...)
Not much other than brute force, but it will be frozen....If you can juts let it defrost or try and get some heat on the very bottom of the freezer it should break free,