Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Washer / Dryer. Older home, just moved in. Total depth allowed

Washer / Dryer.
Older home, just moved in. Total depth allowed for washer and dryer is 27". Any more than that and the door to the garage won't open.
I cannot find anything that shallow.
Any suggestions of where to begin looking?

thanks!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

There are dryers that are shallow enough to work, but they will be the smaller compact size and generally more expensive. They also don't come as a stack set washer and dryer if you're looking for a stack set---they come as a waser, a dryer, and thye are front load washers. Is that something that will work for you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have not considered a stack set, although that might be a viable solution. I could take out a set of upper cabinets I suppose. Compact size? That would hold how much you think? 8 towels or a set of sheets? I don't do that much laundry actually. It's use would be for just 1 person regularly. From what I've seen, the front loaders are deeper that a top load washer and traditional dryer. Have you found something else?

I am not eager to spend the extra $$, but doing a lot of construction to move the door would be costly too, and I'd rather avoid the mess and time of construction, so paying more for the w/d seems like an easier solution.

I'm just a bit concerned about capacity.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
It would hold a set of sheets, but likely not a comforter unless it's thin. Not sure how many towels. You don't have to stack the laundry---but I would recommend looking into a Bosch Axxis model washer and dryer. You can either stack them or leave them separate. They are probably the best bang for your buck.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok, I will do that. Thanks so much.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
no problem and if you need anything else, just let me know.