Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

hello i have a ge fridge modle lh-110 the compressor just quit

Customer Question

hello i have a ge fridge modle lh-110 the compressor just quit running. Where could i get a replacment compressor? and how would i change it? Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using this service,

How old is this unit adn do you have the complete model off the tag? I am not sure if that is a good model unless this thing is really old.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I think my mother bought it in 1955

Obviously that compressor is not made anymoe, this is one you could buy and put in it that would be fine with R12..which is what you would need.

CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok what is the best way to put this in. should i use compression fittings or should I flare the tube and put unions in? allso how would i charge it.

You would braze the lines in and yes flare the tubing, the compressor comes with a few cut off pieces of tubing for different applications. Now you need special licensing to install freon in a system. The replacement gas for R12 is MP39 some refrigeration companies may have some left over R-12 otherwise you have to use MP39..You would also need a charging scale to weigh it in to the system and freon gauges plus a refrigeration vacuum pump to do the job.