Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a new GE Profile oven and stove top. I am getting an

Customer Question

I have a new GE Profile oven and stove top. I am getting an F7 error. I tried off, and I tried turning off the circuit breaker for 10 minutes. The F7 error is still there.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

F7 means that your touch control panel is shorted. Unfortunately if shutting the circuit breaker off for 15 minutes didn't reset the error, the only way to fix the issue is to order and replace the touch control panel. Depending on the exact model number, the part is normally about $100-200.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did not learn anything new. This information was available for free on the Web. I was hoping for something more helpful.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
I'm not sure what you're looking for. I can't change the problems on your oven. I have told you exactly what was wrong with your appliance? What more would you like to know?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I used this service when I had a problem with my iPhone. The information given could not be found online. I was very satisfied. I was hoping for a similar response. I was able to find several free web sites with the same information you offered.

I will try again if I have another problem that I need to resolve.

Have a good day.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
again, we can not change the problems that your appliance has. We can only tell you what is wrong with your appliance which is what I have done. That is what you are paying for. Not all the information on the internet is reliable. Some of it is, some of it isn't. What you get is is from a professional that does this every day of his life so you know the answer is correct.