Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have a jenn air e33658 cooktop and it is tripping the breaker

I have a jenn air e33658 cooktop and it is tripping the breaker if I turn on 4 burners I replaced the breaker with a new double 20 amp today and it still trips

May I have the units model number to better assist you ?

And is this an electric burners or gas burners?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

jenn air cooktop electric modules on each side coil burners I have tried turning each burner on high individually then in pairs and three I trip the breaker when all 4 burners are on the stove is probably 1980 year of house

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

jenn air cooktop electric modules on each side coil burners I have tried turning each burner on high individually then in pairs and three I trip the breaker when all 4 burners are on the stove is probably 1980 year of house model # XXXXX serial# XXXXX

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

model# XXXXX serial #11868298MD

this unit requires more then a single 20 amp breaker !

Are you sure it is not on two seperate 20 amp breakers (which is should not be on two breakers , but I have seen some strange things in my day !

it should be on at least a 40 amp breaker.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

its on double 20 amp side by side 2 20 amp it has 20 amp red wire 20 amp black wire

it is on a double 20 amp or two seperate 20 amp breakers

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

they were 2 20 amp seperate they sold me double 20 amp paired together and told me that it is the same

yes it is the same .on the model serial tag ,what does it give for KW rating ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

8.0 and 6.0

ok As per the units use and care booklet on page 6-4 this is what is shows for 8.0 kw rating .

which means you need a double 40 amp breaker on the panel to power the cooktop .graphic