Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Frigidaire Affinity front-loading washer wont start. I

Customer Question

My Frigidaire Affinity front-loading washer won't start. I select the settings by pushing the buttons, the panel lights up as usual, it acts like it is about to start, then the no spin light comes on and the washer stops. All of this happens within a few seconds, we got the error code e23 and removed the hoses by the pump and cleaned the catch. Still doing the same thing! HELP!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

E23 means that the drain pump relay on the control board has failed. This isn't a problem with the drain pump or a clogged drain, this is a problem with the control board itself and unfortunately the interface control board will need to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue. The cost of the part is generally about $150 depending on the exact model number.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I've read all over the internet that the e23 error code could also be a problem with the pump as there is no Frigidaire error code relating directly to a faulty pump. Is this true?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
That is not true. If you had a problem with the drain pump or a clogged drain, you'd get E21 or E20. E23 is strictly a bad control board.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hey while I've got you here, do you know anything about the outer glass on the door of a Frigidaire electric stove. The stove tipped over and the outer glass shattered and handle broke off. Can we still cook with it and what is a rough cost of having that fixed?

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, you can still cook but it's not safe since someone can now reach and touch the inner glass which gets really hot---that is the concern. But the cost to have the glass replaced is about $200 I would say.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Once I get my Frigidaire Affinity washer fixed, would you suggest I throw it on Craigslist and get rid of the POS? It seems like everyone's is breaking after 2 years of owning...what is your opinion?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
I would say that they fail more than other washers, but usually the issues are simple such as a clogged drain hose or a door latch that goes bad. These issues are cheap or no cost at all to fix if you can do them youself. The more expensive issue (like the control board issue you have now) or the main drum bearing going bad can happen on any of the front load washers equally---they just don't happen as often. So I don't know if I'd get rid of the washer if you're handy enough to fix the problem yourself.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks a lot! Appreciate it.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
no problem and good luck.