Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

my burner knob from my GE gas range is not turning, HELP

Hello...I'm Bob..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today...Do you have a model number for the unit..? When you go to turn the knob..Does the knob itself rotate..Or is it hard to turn if at all..?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the model # XXXXX and no the knob itself is not rotating, it is not turning at all, I am able to push it in but not turning

Ok great..Good model number thanks..Your problem is within the gas valve itself..The valves are made of brass Once they wear ,they loose there tolerance as it is a close tolerance obviously so that gas does not leak from the valve. Unfortunately your only fix is to replace the valve..If you can tell me which valve you are having problems with i can send you the part number Etc...Thanks Bob

graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

?the knob #59 and I assume the valve is 24?

My stove is only 18 months old and the valve already bad ?

On this valve you might be able to get away with backing out the screws on the front of the valve..Remove the knob..Then carefully loosen the screws..See if you can get the valve to turn..Make sure you have tightened the screws back up once the valve is loosened..CLICK HERE FOR VALVE Also please remember to rate my answer before leaving today..If you have any further questions i will be standing by..Thanks Bob