SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Licensed Appliance Journeyman

Bosch SHX46a dishwasher. Cycle runs,heats water but No water

Bosch SHX46a dishwasher. Cycle runs,heats water but No water from upper spray arm. Hence soap does not dilute and clean dishes. Checked and vacuumed drain, filter clean. Drains water. Is this a pump issue?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  SubZero_Wolf Expert replied 1 year ago.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Hello, I can help you with this. This a sign of a weak circulation pump for sure.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

I can look up the correct part number for you right now. Are you planning on attempting the repair yourself?

Customer: Maybe, but need more of a second opinion. I can attempt it if it is not too cumbersome. The model number is XXXXX
SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX thing that can cause this lack of water to the top is the circulation pump (or pump blades). When the unit is spraying (or attempting to) do you hear a grinding sound? The part number is XXXXX for the pump but the blades can be ordered by themself for a lot cheaper. Either way the job is pretty difficult, so only attempt if you are very comfortable with your hands/electricity.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

It fills and drain you said in the complaint, correct?

Customer: There is no grinding sound. All noises are like normal for a cycle. I hear water rushing in, draining, the cycles finish at normal time but when I open the door, there is steam inside, soap is lying at the bottom and dishes remain dirty. I have opened the door while water noises were there and saw water coming out of the bottom sprayer but not the top.
Customer: If it is the pump, in your opinion is it worth paying parts and labor which may come to 300-400 to fix this or better to just chuck it and get a new one ? It's 8 years old and this is the first problem with it.
SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Sorry to say but you need the pump. You could have someone come out to look and confirm but make sure they have the circulation pump in hand...

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

I would fix it because it's not that hard for a trained tech and you should get another 7-8 more years out of the machine. It would most likely cost closer to the 400$ amount though.

Customer: Got it. Thanks That's all the help I needed.
SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Glad to help, good luck - Sam

Experience: Licensed Appliance Journeyman