Randy
Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.
18559950

I have a Bosch Nexxt washing machine. The glass shield fell

I have a Bosch Nexxt washing machine. The glass shield fell off the front of the door.
It appears the clips came off. Can this be repaired by myself or do I have to buy a new part and have service do it.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you. Do you happen to have the number of the washer so I can better assist you?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

WFMC3200UC-01

So is this the outside or inside glass?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

This is the outside glass.

Also can I still use the washer until the glass is finally replaced?

Okay, you can replace that shield alone but you will need to take the entire door apart as that piece of glass clips in to the rim of the door. The part number for the shield is 680865 and I am sending you a video that shows you how to replace the shield. Eventhough the video talks about a Hotpoint the procedure is basically the same for your washer. I am here for further assistance and thank you for your time and patience, Randy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6TgvQhrqIY
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your info. Will it do any damage if I use the washer until I replace the shield?

No, that shield is just to protect the inner glass bowl. The shield is typically plastic and on alot of washers they don't have that shield. Now if the glass bowl broke then you would be out of a washer.