Randy
Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.
18559950

I have a Triton GE dishwasher. I have been away for a couple

I have a Triton GE dishwasher. I have been away for a couple of months and tried to run it tonight. It filled with water but the motor never circulated the water to wash the dishes. Any suggestions
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be helping you with your question today. Do you hear a hum when the motor should be washing?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I don't think so

Does the water drain out when you reset the dishwasher?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I see the previous expert opted out so I will assist you. Okay do you happen to have the model number of the dishwasher so I can pull up a diagram?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

GSD5560G01SS

Okay, first thing I need you to do is to take off the bottom kickplate for the dishwasher so we can see the motor.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

OK

Now can you see the motor if so does it have the vent in the front?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

You have to bare with me I have a replaced knee. The answer is yes

Okay and I will be here as long as it takes. Now behind the vent of the motor you should see the vanes for the motor. Get a table knife or a small flat tip screwdriver works best and reach in and push on the vane. They should move freely. What happens with your type of motor if it sits idle to long is it seizes up and we are going to break it free.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Seems to be turning freely now.

Okay, good try and run the dishwasher now. Sorry about the delay.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Seems to be working now.

Good, just remember that if you have this problem again and you have been away awhile this is the most likely culprit. Great job on your part and sorry about the knee. I am here for further assistance and thank you for your time and patience, Randy.
Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.