Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.

I have a GE ceramic top range with a Hot Surface light that

I have a GE ceramic top range with a Hot Surface light that will not go out. #1 is this a problem for safety in the short term. #2 I read that it is the sensor in one of the 4 elements. Any way to know which one and can you direct me to instructions on how to take out the element.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you. Okay can you please recheck the model number as the one that you sent is not coming up?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry about that. The door says JBP69B0F3BB but I could only find JBP69BF3BB on the internet in the GE site

Okay, I found it with the first model number. I think I put it in wrong. Sorry about that and now does the light stay on 24/7?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It has been on for about 5 hours. I shut off the breaker for a while and turned it back on and it is still on. Nothing is warm.

Okay, now looking at your model you have 2 hot lights. Is it the left or right light?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The one on the right.

Okay, now you will be working with 240vac so you will have to be EXTREMELY CAREFUL. So, since it is the right one your problem will be either the right front or right rear switch and not the burner. The reason I say the switch is that the power for the light goes through the switch so if the switch is shorted then the light will stay on. With me so far?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Okay, so what you need to do is to disconnect power to the stove and pull it out from the wall. Then you need to take off the back top of the stove so you have access to the light and switches remembering that you are working with the right light so now behind the stove you are working with everything on your left. Locate the light and you should have 2 wires at the light. You need to follow the wire that goes to the 2 switches. That wire will start as one at the light but break off in to 2 wires to go to each switch. Now, ONE AT A TIME unplug the wire going into the switch from the light and make sure it is not touching any metal then come back around to the front of the stove and reconnect the power and see if the light is on or off. If the light is now off then that switch is your problem and needs to be replaced. Turn the power off and put everything back together when you find the problem. Whew, sorry for being so long winded.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you very much. Sounds simple enough. I appreciate you being so quick. Have a great evening!!!

You too and let me know how it goes. Thank you.
How did it go?Are you up and running?