Randy
Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.
18559950

I need the Product Literature and photo on my stacking washer/dryer

I need the Product Literature and photo on my stacking washer/dryer which will include most importantly the dimension guide and also if I am able to switch the direction in which my doors open.
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be helping you with your question today. Do you have the model #?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Model #464-MLE 2000AYW

Serial # XXXXX

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you. Okay I a sending you a link to the installation and the owners manual. The install manual has the dimensions needed to install the unit and they both contain the instructions for reversing the doors. Just copy and paste the link to your browser and it will give the options to view and to download the manuals. I am here for further assistance and thank you for your time and patience, Randy.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Maytag-Parts/Washer-dryer-combo-Parts/user-manuals/manual-downloads/Model-MLE2000AYW/3048/0152000?modelNumber=MLE2000AYW&diagramPageId=&documentId=
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am so happy you could get this information for me in such a timely fashion. It is incredibly helpful. I looked through the information but it does not say if I can separate these two machines or if they must remain as a stacked unit.

If you know the answer even more fantastic!

LOL, okay just a sec and let me see.
Okay, I wasn't 100% sure so I did a little more research and unfortunately it is as I thought. These units cannot be unstacked. When Maytag attempted this they tried to create a unit like what Frigidaire and Kenmore do as in creating a "laundry center". Unfortunately they forgot one thing, when the other companies created them they used smaller units. Maytag stayed with a standard size washer and dryer. I am sorry about the bad news and again thank you for your time and patience, Randy.
Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.