Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Re: Bosch dishwasher - does not turn on. Ive had 3 repair

Re: Bosch dishwasher - does not turn on. I've had 3 repair services out without success. The last repairman has traced the problem to the panel at the top of the door when opened. He verified that the wires leading to the panel have the correct power, but no power is delivered to the controls.
We do we call now? Or what do we do? Can't find a company here who will service Bosch.
Very frustrated. I've recommended Bosch dishwashers to many, including my own daughter-in-law and now I wish I could take my rec back!

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good afternoon, do you have the full model number? also may I ask why the repair man that looked at this did not order a control panel for this ? if you can get me the full model number I will look up the control and you can order this yourself a and replace it, do you think this is something you would like to try?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

These are the numbers I pulled off the dishwasher front panel.

AKO 703363-04 Typ J.1

PRZ 90705-01 42 060413

BSH 9000 058 240 24568 113

We did not order a control panel because no one is sure the problem lies there.

I need to leave my house for an appt. at 11:30.

try opening the door and looking on the right side near the top. there should be a tag there.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I've found the info. Bosch Model Number SHX46A05UC

Serial No. FD860403024

I'll return in 45 minutes.

okay got it, so let me ask you does the control light up ? are you able to select a wash and then when you press start nothing happens ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

When I press down on any button, nothing happens. Nothing lights up. It does not come on at all.

Will be back at 1:15 your time.

okay , the first thing you need to check then would be the door interlock switch. if the switch is bad it wont power up the control. this would need to be checked with a volt meter. do you have one ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No, I do not have one. Do I need to buy one, like at Lowe's?

actually lowes has them (cheap ones) for around $15.00 if you latch switch is bad that would cause the machine to not light up or come on when you press power. do you know how to use a volt meter ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No, I do not know how to use a volt meter but maybe my husband does. He will be home this evening. I will buy the volt meter when I go out for an appt. at 1:30.

Will be back at apprx. 4:00 p.m. your time.

okay , talk then, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Okay, I'm back. I now have a voltage tester. So what do I do with it?

well you need to test the continuity on the door switch. the switch is in the part I showed you above. shut the breaker off to kill the power to the machine and remove the screws around the inside of the door so you can lift the panel up to get at the door switch assembly. the switch looks like this (maybe a different color) if you click this blue link it has a video on how to test the switch, the video is for the float switch but they all test the same way.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Okay, Bryan.

We have narrowed it down to either the door switch start button (when I slam the door, the dishwasher comes on very briefly then stops) or the

door interlock switch.

Can you order both for me? And if so, how much $ are we talking about?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

We think the problem is in the door switch start button because the unit turns on for about 1-2 seconds when the door is slammed. There is power.

Or the problem is with the switch button like you said it might be.

I would like to go ahead and order both of these parts and would like to know the $ for doing so.

the door switch is around $20.00 @ that sounds like the issue for sure . hope this helps, thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Bryan, the door latch, item #1100663 did not solve the problem. My electrician wants me to order the start button switch. I'm almost hysterical now having been without our dishwasher now going on the 3rd week.

Really do need help immediately.

Thanks. Susan

is this what he wants to order ?

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Maybe. He called it a "start button switch." It seems that the command to turn the machine on is not getting across from the motherboard to the actual control.

okay that could be the issue then. its the power button. sounds logical if its not sending power to the board.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What is the stock number of the power button and $. I will want to immediately order it.

Thanks. Susan

Manufacturer Number 165886