Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Kenmore front load washer, model 970-C480590. Normal cycle

Kenmore front load washer, model 970-C480590. Normal cycle and casual cycle, when selected show 1 hour 21 minute run time for normal cycle and 1 hour 24 minute run time for the casual cycle. If either cycle is selected machine starts, runs for 3 to 4 minutes with NO water added and cycle ends??????
All other cycles seem to have a more reasonable run time and run full cycle with the addition of water, wash, spin etc. Any suggestions? Neil S.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Is the door locking when this starts ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes the door locks and the door lock LED luminates.

Okay, when this stops do any of the lights flash ? like an error code ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No, lights do not flash at any time.

Is there a reset for the timer.

This washers is in a rental home and I am wondering if it is possible for the tenants to have inadvertently screwed up the timer on these 2 cycles, because all the other cycles seem normal.

Unfortunately no theres no reset. the issue is with the timer itself, if this works correctly in all the other cycles. . I doubt they did anything to screw this up. all the other cycles work so thats not the case. you need to order and replace the timer. here is a link to order it. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Timer/137394200/1935598?modelNumber=970-C48112-10 best wishes and thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you Bryan, I suspected replacing the timer would be the solution but, of course, was hoping for as less labour intensive and costly fix...lol.

Best regards!

Cheers...

Your very welcome, have a great day, thanks Bryan