Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.

KUDK01TKWH0 Dishwasher. Unit fills with water, pauses, and

KUDK01TKWH0 Dishwasher.

Unit fills with water, pauses, and then I hear an electrical hum...seems like power is getting to the pump motor but it's not turning.

After a few minutes (i.e. less than 5) the hum stops and after about a 5 minute delay the unit drains. My guess is that the motor's overload protection is tripping since the pump motor isn't spinning.

Is it possible that something has jammed the impeller on the pump and if so, is that something I can get to and free up?

Thanks XXXXX
Overland Park Kansas
Hello Ron, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you. Okay, has the dishwasher not been in use for a bit?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It is in "normal service"...usually run once or twice a week for the past 11 years.

Okay good, the reason I ask is if sometimes a dishwasher isn't used for a month or so (like a vacant apartment) the motor will seize up but that is not the problem here. Yes it is possible that something has jammed the motor. I am sending you a link to a video that will tell you how to take apart the dishwasher for cleaning and checking for debris. If all that turns out okay and your dishwasher is still doing the same thing then you will need to replace the motor. Very easy job to do and the motor is held in only by one bolt. I am here for further assistance and thank you for your time and patience, Randy.

Oh and by the way, good luck from a fellow Kansan. I am originally from Atchison, Kansas.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for the assist!

I really can't tell from the parts drawing what drives that chopper blade (6)...if it's the pump motor, I assume that something wedged in that space around the blade could stall the motor...

Off to find a Torx T-15!

Thanks again!