Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

How do I change the light bulb in a Whirlpool Microwave-Convection

How do I change the light bulb in a Whirlpool Microwave-Convection oven model GM8155xj
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 2 years ago.
Hello Is this unit a counter #4 is the bulb you are trying to replace.All you will need to do is unplug the unit..Then remove the outer cover..Replace the bulb then reinstall the cover..To remove the cover #1 remove the screws at #10 /#12..This is a simple task for you..Also please remember to rate my answer to you at 3 smiley faces or better so that i may be credited through the system..If you have any further questions i will be standing by..Good luck on your repair..Thank You Bob

graphicgraphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No ... this microwave-convection oven is built into a cabint over the regular oven. There must be a way to access the bulb and change it without removing the entire oven from the cabinet? Please advise.

Ok great..You are missing the last two digits of the model number..Please standby..Thanks Bob
Unfortunately the wall oven type mount is accessed in the same manner as the Counter top model..What you will need to do is slide the unit out then remove the outer cover..This is the only way to completely remove the lamp..What we do is access a T able.Stool.Etc That is the exact height as the bottom of the unit..Then slide the unit out just enough to set it on the Table Stool Etc.,,Then remove the cover to access the lamp..I wish i had a simpler way of doing it..But this is how it is completed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So, I guess I really need to have a professional service tech come out and take care of this .... for a BULB!! Ridiculous. Frown

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX my question .... not sure it's worth $30 bucks though.

Larry unfortunately it looks that way..Microwaves are very tedious to work on..A wall oven for that matter also as there is a lot involved in just getting to the part to repair.At least now you know what exactly needs to be done from the diagrams i have sent you.keep in mind also there could be a different problem other than just the bulb..There might be transformer or Control board problems as they both power the Lamp itself..This can be determined by a tech who is qualified to work on the unit..Plus microwaves store a extreme amount of voltage even when not plugged in..Like i said i wish id had a simpler way to replace the lamp for you..Thanks Bob
Experience: 23 Years Major Appliance Repair