Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a 14 month old french door lg. My ice maker broke last

I have a 14 month old french door lg. My ice maker broke last month and was replaced - still hardly working. Now the refrigerator portion (not freezer) has ceased to cool. Please advise. At this point not a happy camper. Tks.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

If the freezer temp is above 8 degrees then the ice maker will not make ice or very little. do you have a model number ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

THe ice maker is least of my concerns. I have it set at -3. It is the regrigerator that is not cooling. model number lg: lfc25776st / 02

I understand that, okay I have your model up. can you open the freezer and look behind your food at the back wall and tell me if theres any frost on the back panel ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes - a bit in the enter high

okay. because this is a bottom freezer French door its hard to work on. what you need to do however is remove the back panel inside the freezer behind your food and get a look at the frost pattern on the coils, you have a defrost issue and when that happens the airflow to the fresh food section is restricted. this is cause the warm up of the refrigerator section. you need to take a hair dryer and defrost the coils, then you need to order and replace the defrost thermostat. its clipped to the coils. you can order this @ for under $13.00.