Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Whirlpool side by side refrigerator model ED5PHAXS002.

I have a Whirlpool side by side refrigerator model ED5PHAXS002. Last month the freezer section started defrost cycles to the point the food would almost thaw out. Then it would go back to normal. This week, it started to do it again and now the refrigerator side will not cool. Any suggestions?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning, Can you open the freezer and look at the back wall ans see if theres any frost on it at all ? also do you hear any clicking or buzzing comming from behind in the compressor area about every 3-5 minutes ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No frost and no clicking or buzzing sounds.

okay. are the fans running both in the back near the compressor and in the freezer ? when this shuts down does it go completely silent ? no fans or compressor running at all ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The fans are running. Earlier they were completely silent.

okay this means the main control board is failing. you can order this at the following link. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/W10135900/0046/106?pathTaken=directMatch&filterPart=&pop=flush&prst=0&shdPart=W10135900 it needs to be replaced. thanks , Bryan