Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

El7atrrks01 refrigerator, changed the door gasket and now the

El7atrrks01 refrigerator, changed the door gasket and now the door will not seal in the bottom, opposite side of hinge
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

how much of a space is there ? did you warm the gasket up in warm water before installing ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no i haven't.

about 1/2 inch

1/2 inch is a lot. did you remove the door when you did this gasket?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no, i did it with the door on the fridge. i installed the new gasket on top first, and then hinge side first and handle side after and finished with the bottom.

Is it all the way across the bottom thats that far out ? take a hair dryer and warm the gasket up all the way around while pushing in on the door. the part thats 1/2 inch out you want to pull the gasket out until you can get the whole gasket sealing all the way around. sometimes this will do it other time you may need to bend the door to get it back in shape, it sounds like it may be twisted. the only problem is if you try that you will need to take the whole inner liner off so you don't crack it. try the hair dryer and see if that works, it may take some time.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Bryan, what I did. Started all over again. Shut down the refrigerator, remove the door. installed it flat on a table. Remove the seal, and heat it up for about 15 minutes in hot water. reinstalled it and know it works. Thank you very muchSmile

your very welcome. these can be a pain because they ship them folded in a box , Duh ! stupid way to do it, anyway good job and please rate me three or above smiley faces if you can , thanks and best wishes, Bryan