Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My Whirlpool Duet washer stops washing after 3-4 minutes into

My Whirlpool Duet washer stops washing after 3-4 minutes into the was cycle. I have tried restarting and changing the wash options, but it continues to just stop washing. Help!

gst85 :

Good morning, when it stops, does it give an error?

Customer: No
gst85 :

Ok, does it stop and start to flash or does it completely shut down?

Customer: It completely stops...shuts down as if it were through with the whole wash cycle
gst85 :

Ok, do you have the spin/dry option on your control panel?

Customer: I have "rinse/drain and spin" which is what I have it doing now to complete the load in process.
gst85 :

Unplug the machine for 5 minutes, lets try to reset the control board. in the mean time i am going to pull up the diagrams and tech sheets and will be right back. i will try not to take up much of your time.

Customer: I think I need to let the rinse cycle finish which should be another 5-7minutes, then I will unplug it
gst85 :

Will it run through the rinse cycle, or will it continue to stop as well?

gst85 :

Are you still with me?

Customer: Yep still here. Yes it has finished the rinse cycle. Will unplug now
Customer: It has been unplugged for 5+ minutes. Next steps.?
Customer: Hello?
I'm sorry but we seemed to have loosed communication on live chat so i have switched to Q&A. are you still with me?
Ok, i have switched to Q&A. you may need to do the same on your end.
I am having trouble responding to you, im working on this issue now.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Are you still on ? Juan has lost you. let me know if you still need help. thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok I'm back. Was at church. I still need help. The washer has been unplugged since 8:15

Okay, when this stops does the door stay locked ? is there water in it ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I still need help to answer my washer issue
you seem to not be getting my questions please respond and tell me if you received this.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Got it

okay great , sorry for the site issues, when this stops does the door stay locked and theres water still in it ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The door stays locked and the machine beeps, at which point, I hit the off button and water drains and door unlocks
okay so if you hit off it does drain ? it doesn't spin however correct ? when the machine beeps are there lights on the control also flashing ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes when I hit off it drains but does not spin. After I have turned off, I move the dial to rinse and spin which it successfully does
okay, theres only one thing that would cause that . the CCU (central control unit) remove the screws along the back of the top of the machine and slide the top back and off. this is located under the top. you can order this at http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/W10299978/0026/110?pathTaken=directMatch&filterPart=&pop=flush&prst=0&shdPart=W10299978 you need to replace it. thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
some questions-- So, that (ccu replacement) is the only cure to my problem? How much is the cost of the part and installation? What would have caused the ccu to malfunction? What other functions does the ccu control?
the CCU is around $129.00 and you can install this yourself to safe the labor which would be around $79.00 for a service call. the CCU actually controls everything but certain functions of it can fail , this is a common failure and theres no set cause for this.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.