Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Bosch dishwasher that I purchased about a year ago.

I have a Bosch dishwasher that I purchased about a year ago. I was so excited because Bosch is so highly recommended, however I have never been so disappointed in the results. My dishes are always cloudy. I have tried several different brands, as well as gel and powder and no product works. I just had to replace the dispensing container because it continued to get stuck and not release the cleaner. It cost me almost $200.00. Very irritating since it is such a new product. I have used the recommended Finish and jetdry, but my dishes do not get clean. My model number is XXXXX If there are any suggestions I would really appreciate them.

Beth Stutsman
XXX-XXX-XXXX [email protected]

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

there are several different reasons for this in these dish washers, 1 Mineral Deposits - In areas with hard water or well water, mineral deposits can build up over time leaving a film on the glassware. To fix this, utilize a water softener, such as Jet Dry. You can test for mineral deposits by soaking the glass in white vinegar for 5 minutes. Vinegar will remove the minerals, so if the cloudiness is removed, this may be your problem,

2 Water Temperature - The temperature of the water in the dishwasher needs to be at least 130 degrees Fahrenheit. If the water is too cold, the detergent will not be dissolved correctly and will leave a residue on the dishes. If the cloudiness can be washed away when washing them by hand, this may very well be the problem. Turn on the faucet and hold a thermometer under it to see how hot the water will get. Another way to ensure there is hot water at the beginning of the cycle is to run the hot water for a few minutes prior to starting the machine.

Usually its one of these two causes in this machine. #1 is the most common.try the test with the vinegar and see if this removes the film. let me know, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Were you able to see if it is hard water ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Prompt service.Part of the issue is the hard water however, there are particles being left behind also. I was putting up a bowl today and the inside was still dirty. Not with food, but particles of something. I'm very unhappy about this Bosch product.

I understand, try cleaning the filter inside also this may help the particles.