Randy
Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.
18559950

Hi there can you tell me if we are able to reconnect a spring

Hi there can you tell me if we are able to reconnect a spring which has come out of our LG dishwasher left hand side at the bottom just above lower cover . we live in a rural area and means if we can't fix we have to disconnect and take into town which is just a pain but them the breaks when living in paradise. hope you can help thanks vicki
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you. Okay do you have a model number of the dishwasher?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

model number is XXXXX - 14AT2

Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.

Okay, does the spring look like the one in the picture I am sending you?

Hinge Spring 4970ED4004G     Main Product View

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes it does and approx measurement is 250mm

Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
Okay, that is the door hinge spring and very easy to do it yourself. However you will need to check to see if the cable and plastic connector that connects to the spring has not broken. Now the easiest way to check and see how the spring goes it to pull your dishwasher out about 3/4 metre from the hole it sits in so you can look at the side of the dishwasher where the spring is still attached. It will be on the side lower front corner. This way you can see how the spring attach's to the door and also check out the cable that attach's to the spring. Hope I made that all clear and I am here for further assistance. Thank you for your time and extreme patience, Randy.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi randy , have pulled dishwasher out but don't see spring , do we unscrew the screws and remove sides ?

Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I am sorry I forgot to tell you that.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Randy, have taken sides off and yes I can see exactly what to do , where the spring is attached at the bottom to a white cord where there is a place hook that latches to the wire this has broken off , such a small thing to repair and will be easy enough to do once I get one , question to you now is do I look up LG on the net and give them a ring tomorrow to see if they can send me one . your help was fantastic regards Vicki

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Randy , can you advise me where I can get this white cord with plastic hook at one end and a plastic attachment that clips into a fixed part of the dishwasher ?

Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
Hello, Vicki and sorry about the delay. As far as the part, you should be able to get it at any reputable appliance part store. If not you can call your local Sears store if they have one in NZ and see if they have an appliance parts store like they have here in the USA. Lastly, you can call LG and see about having them send you the part. In the meantime just be careful when opening the dishwasher door as without the spring it will drop. You can still use your dishwasher as it is only used when opening the door. Great job on your part and I am here for further assistance. Thank you for your time and extreme patience, Randy.
Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.
Expert:  Randy replied 1 year ago.
Hi Vicki

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. I bet you had no problem with the repair. Great job on your part.

Let me know,
Randy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Randy, yep fixed it myself , well with your help and my husband was impressed . the cost incl gst and freight from auckland was $22.02.It is so nice to open the door and not have to remember to put my knee out to hold it.

regards, Vicki

thank you once again

Expert:  Randy replied 1 year ago.
LOL, great job and now you won't have knee problems in the future. Tell your husband "All In A Days Work". Thank you for the update and again great job, Randy.