Randy
Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.
18559950

We have a GE Profile microwave oven model JE2160CF01 that will

We have a GE Profile microwave oven model JE2160CF01 that will not heat. All other functions operate correctly. Have 120 volts into transformer, but no voltage coming out.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you. Okay, first and please don't take this the wrong way but how did you measure the voltage on the output of the transformer?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I used a volt/amp meter and read the secondary winding

How many volts were you looking for?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have no idea on the output voltage, I just know I had none and no amp draw with unit operating.

Okay, the output voltage is about 2000 volts with an amp draw for a 1000 watt microwave to be about 550mamps just for future reference. Now if you are getting 120vac in to the transformer but nothing out when the microwave is running then you need to replace the transformer. Not very hard to replace as it is held in by 4 screws. If you replace it yourself you are looking at about $130 for the part. I am sending you a link to a diagram and the HVTransformer is 1433 on the diagram. I am here for further assistance and thank you for your time and patience, Randy.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/GE-Parts/Microwave-Parts/Model-JE2160CF001/0432/0123245/G0303069/00001?blt=06&prst=&shdMod=