Tech Michael
Tech Michael, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years exp. repairing all types of home appliances, Computer repair
11519491

Have a samsung dmt800rhs dishwasher that wont complete wash

Have a samsung dmt800rhs dishwasher that won't complete wash cycle without giving an 9E error which is a loW water level error. I followed the owners manual instructions for resolving error (empty washer and load soap and run cycle if still errors, trip circuit breaker and rerun). What I would like to know is "what caused or causes this error?? Can yo explain??
Welcome and thank you for choosing our service!

Sorry to hear about your problem.
But here is the first thing to check.
Below is a site you need to check out if you havent already.
It explains an important thing to check.
Please let me know if your trouble is there, if not let me know and I will work further with you on this.Please visit the address below.

http://www.fixya.com/support/t12131132-samsung_dmt800rhs_dishwasher_9e_code

I can help you, but because this question may go on for a bit if you rate my service as ok or better The system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and this costs you nothing more.
In addition, your question will not time out (as they sometimes will).
So we can remain in contact until this issue is fully resolved.
Thank you
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I had already visited that site and it was not helpful. The examples were for other Samsung washers that were not built nor operate the same as the samsung dmt800rhs. They should delete all reference to the samsung dmt800rhs model because it doesn't have a white fill reserve or any fill reserve with a micro switch, etc. if you go to a part site that displays the parts layout with part numbers you'll see that there is no similarity to the website's response to my models error issue. Can you provide a better response based on the specific samsung dmt800rhs model as to why and hoe an error 9E occurs??

Hi Glenn, I understand. Usually the sites aren't too bad but sometimes they can be wrong.
What I would really check is to see that the water inlet solenoid is working properly. Because as they age two things can happen, first mineral deposits build up in them and the water will be low.
Second,they plain wear out and wont open fully.
Its a cheap part.
Please visit this site they are very helpful as well:-)

http://www.repairclinic.com/Samsung-Dishwasher-Model-DMT800RHS-ID-1067126-Parts
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
That makes sense, but unit is only 1 year old, but it could be the problem. Is the water inlet the same as the "value" part number PART NUMBER: DD62-00084A at the following site?

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Samsung-Parts/Dishwasher-Parts/Model-DMT800RHSXAA/1482/0130000/50037569/00003?blt=06&prst=&shdMod=

If not can you locate it at the site?

Hi Glenn, sorry for the delay.
Yes thats the part.
This can happen quickly also if you have a lot of minerals in your water.
One other thing to do is to remove the solenoid and check to see if some piece of foreign debris has become stuck there.
Even the best water systems occasionally have this problem.
Please keep me informed.

Thank you
Tech Michael
Hi Glenn,
Thanks for the accept, I will set up free follow ups so we can get to the bottom of this.
Its usually a simple problem. In this case it wont be very expensive as I have never seen this error caused by the main control which would be a costly repair.
Keep me posted and let me know when you need me.
Have a great weekend.
Michael
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Much thanks Michael! I'll pursue the value and see where that takes me. Appreciate your help. Will keep you in the loop. Thanks again.

Glenn

Your very welcome:-)
I will be here for you!
Michael