Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have an LG TROMM washer and cannot get the detergent dispenser

I have an LG TROMM washer and cannot get the detergent dispenser drawer to open. I think one of the compartments inside the dispenser drawer has popped up, blocking the opening. I don't see any way to remove the front of the drawer. Any suggestions?
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

do you have the full model number so I can better assist you ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Where do I find the model number?
try opening the door and see if theres a tag.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
okay, the only way to get to the dispenser to see what the issue is , is to remove the top of the machine and then the top of the dispenser itself . there are screws along the back of the top.remove them and slide the top back and off.this will give you access to the dispenser. once you have access remove the top of the dispenser to see what has jammed it up. its most likely one of the drawer parts that is jamming this.the only way to see is go in through the top to access it. let me know what you find. thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am headed to a baseball game, but will take it apart as soon as I get back. I'll let you know what I find. Thanks!
okay, great! I'll be around, thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry Bryan! It's been a crazy weekend! I just got the top off the washer! The compartment for the detergent dispenser has a cover on it - it doesn't just pop off. It feels like its sealed. Any suggestions on how to get in there? I don't want to break it!
I'm trying to find the diagrams for this but your model number isn't comming up can you recheck it .? see if theres more to it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Try a W instead of VV for the model number.

The other numbers on the tag are:
okay that model number comes up. on the side can you see little tabs to remove the top ? it looks like there are in the picture.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok. Mine looks different than that picture, but I managed to pry one side open. I could get the drawer open. Yea!!
When I snap it closed, the drawer gets stuck again. As long as its not completely snapped together, I can open the drawer. Do you think it's ok to put the top back on and run the washer without that being completely snapped together?
I wouldn't do that, the water pressure will spray water all over the inside of the machine and may short it out. are you able to remove the drawer completely so you can see inside what may be jamming this ?
to get the drawer completely out depress the tab in the middle back of the drawer. graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I pulled the drawer out completely and could not see anything that was in the way. This is crazy and my laundry is piling up!
I understand completely, one of the blue parts in the drawer has to be lifting or getting caught when the top is on tight,. theres really not much to the dispenser that can get jammed other than them. if you don't find anything then the dispenser assembly will need to be replaced, its $27.00 at the following link. that the gray part I showed you above.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
You are the best! I'll order a new dispenser assembly today! Thanks so much for your help! This was way better than waiting on a repair man! (or woman!) Have a great day!
your very welcome Smile good job BTW. The only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you.