Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Washing machine agitator will not spin (Ive already taken

Washing machine agitator will not spin (I've already taken that off and found a broken rubber seal), but the bigger issue is the drum will not spin. It just sits there with the motor running and sounding like metal on metal. Is it a belt issue or a deeper motor issue?
It's a top loading model #LSQ9564MQ0. I turned it over and found the belt (seems intact) but I can't see if there's another pulley that it fits on.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning, if this goes through the wash and drains but just does not spin it means your motor coupling Has Broke.

this is a very common issue on these machines . .The belts were replaced in these with a direct drive coupling. .Most likely this is the rubber you found,these are not difficult and a very inexpensive to replace . you can order one at the link below and there is a video there also to show you how to replace it..

heres the link. thanks and best wishes, Bryan