Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

Hi I have and LG WM2277HW machine. There is grey shredded

Hi I have and LG WM2277HW machine. There is grey shredded plastic that started appearing in the filter at the bottom and machine is very loud when drum is turning or spinning. Now seeing water on the floor beneath the washer. What could this be?
Welcome..I have 23 years of Experience In the Appliance Repair Field..Working directly with All Major Appliance Brands..Is the washer draining properly..?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It seems to be draining ok. It just started leaking water today. The drum is very wobbly and very noisy. The machine appears to be leveled so I don't think thats the problem. This grey plastic stuff is coming out in the clothes and the filter was filled with it. The water is draining and the clothes still appear like they're clean.

Ok great..If you open the door..Lift up on the inner drum..Is there allot of up and down movement..?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes. just checked it

Not a good.sign..The inner drum is suspended by the rear bearing of the washer..Once the bearing wears..The drum will become loose or out of balance..This can also be caused by a broken drum support (K115 on diagram)..In order to replace the bearing..The drum would need to be removed..Then the rear half of the drum would need to be replaced..As the bearing K121 is part of the drum.Unfortunately the repair is extreme and expensive..I do know what you are saying about trying to find a repair person to work on the LG models..As i have completed many warranty jobs for LG..

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I guess my next question would be is it worth it to repair or should I replace it? If it would be the things you mentioned what price range would I be looking at? What is your opinion on LG washers? I have had it for 7 years and this is the first problem I have had. Other than that I would probably have kept the warranty : (

First you would need to verify the problem By breaking the washer down and inspecting the damage..More than likely from what you are explaining id almost say the rear inner drum support has come loose..But like i said its impossible to tell without dismantling the drum..Which is a big job and expensive task for replacement parts...Yes keeping the warranty on LG is a wise decision..If this is your first problem in 7 years you have done very good.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your advice. Just not sure what's the best avenue at this time. Thanks again

If it were my washer..I would call around and get some ideas of what a diagnostic service call would run to have a local appliance tech come out and look at the washer itself..But like i said..If the drum is out of balance..Then you have a major issue..With the washer being 7 years old..If it were mine..I would replace the washer itself.Thanks Bob