Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

how to replace the control board on maytag refrigerator model

how to replace the control board on maytag refrigerator model MFI2569VEQ1
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be helping you with your question today. Do you have the part #?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No

Ok this is easy. The board is on the back of the fridge. Pull the unit forward and remove the (4) 1/4 inch screws that hold the cover on. The press the tab to replace the clear plastic cove. Remove the wire connectors off the board and then press the plastic tabs in to swap the boards.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

is there any codes i need to program the new board with?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
I have installed the controller board and the display is flashing PEO OOO
Welcome..I have 23 years of Experience In the Appliance Repair Field..Working directly with All Major Appliance Brands.Yes you will need to program the new board..POWER UP REF. PROGRAM CODE IS LOCATED ON SERIAL PLATE ON THIS UNIT AFTER THE WORD CODE.-1. PRESS & HOLD THE DOOR ALARM KEYPAD.-2. PRESS & HOLD FREEZER TEMP DOWN KEYPAD.-3. RELEASE DOOR ALARM KEYPAD AND WAIT 3 SECS.-4.CONTROL WILL DISPLAY PE TO INDICATE PROGRAMMING MODE-5. ENTRY IS CONFIRMED BY PRESSING TEMP DOWN - KEYPAD ONCE MORE.-CONTROL WILL DISPLAY CURRENT PROGRAM CODE. THIS VALUE SHOULD BE VALIDATED THE THE PROGRAM CODE PRINTED ON UNIT SERIAL PLATE.-NOTE: IF PROGRAM CODE IS CORRECT, THE PROGRAMMING MODE IS EXITED BY CLOSING THE FRIG DOOR.-7.PRESS REFRIG TEMP UP KEYPAD + OR REFRIG DOWN KEYPAD -TO CHANGE THE DIGIT VALUE WITH EACH KEY PRESS.-8.THE DECIMAL POINT INDICATES THE SELECTED DIGIT. PRESS THE FREEZER TEMP UP KEYPAD + TO SELECT NEXT DIGIT.-9.ONCE DEIRED PROGRAM CODE IS DISPLAYED, PRESS AND HOLD THE FREZZER TEMP DOWN KEYPAD - UNTIL UNIT PROGRAM CODE BEGINS FLASHING INDICATING IT HAS BEEN SAVED. *note* IF YOU ATTEMPT TO ENTER AN INVALID PROGRAM CODE, THE CONTROL WILL NOT SAVE THE NEW CODE, BUT WILL BEEP! (THE UNIT WILL NOT RUN RUN WITH A UNIT PROGRAM CODE OF 0000). ONCE THE PROGRAM CODE HAS BEEN SAVED THE PROGRAMMING MODE IS EXITED BY CLOSING THE FRIG DOORS.
If you have any problems in programing the board please let me know..Also please remember to rate my answer to you from 3 smiley faces or higher so that i may be credited through the system for my time helping you..Thanks Bob
Experience: 23 Years Major Appliance Repair