Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Kenmore Frig model # XXXXX no power coming out of refrig

Kenmore Frig model # XXXXX
no power coming out of refrig to cond. fan and compressor
relaced thermal overload with 3 in one - still no power coming out of refrig - evaporator fan running

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Can you recheck that model number it seems to be incomplete please get the model number from the inside of the refrigerator section off of the tag either on one of the sidewalls or the ceiling ., thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

model # XXXXX /p>

Sorry

Sorry you will need to resend that one more time with a space between each number, it did not come through. Thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

1 0 5 5 9 5 9 2 9 9 0

That's funny for some reason I cannot bring this model up. Is this an American refrigerator? Your model number comes up in an Admiral refrigerator ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Kenmore Cold Spot is the name on it

1 0 6 5 9 5 9 2 9 9 0

Fantastic! That's it I got it. Now let me pull up the diagrams and I will be with you shortly, thanks, Bryan
Okay, I've got your refrigerator up, now you are not getting any power to the new three in one kit you but on it? I think I understand what you're saying but I just want to be sure there is no power getting to the compressor is that correct?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes - I checked the plug where it comes out by the cond fan - 0 voltage on plug outlet that red wire plugs in

Okay well if you're not getting power down to the compressor minutes: be one of a few problems, since the fan is running, we can eliminate the cold control. This leaves the defrost control board, which has a relay on it. That is probably burnt and the power control board. these are both located up in the control panel inside the refrigerator section, you will need to lower the control panel to get to them. # XXXXX is the defrost board and # XXXXX the power control board. take a look at them. sometimes you can see it fried.