Randy
Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.
18559950

My old model S136 jenn-air range light/fan switch is broken.

My old model S136 jenn-air range light/fan switch is broken. The switch has been discontinued. What kind of replacement switch could I use and how would I wire it in?

The old switch has 4 wires: 1 Black 1 White 1 Blue (two wires combined on one stud) and 1 pinkish red (two wires combined on one stud on the switch)
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you. Okay is this switch round push type or is it like a toggle 3 position switch?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The switch is a toggle 3 position switch. It is a rectangle, push one side down for fan and the other side down for light

Thanks

Gary Belcher

Okay, took some time and for some reason or another this switch is not available through the normal sources including Jenn Air. However I did find that you can get this switch on Ebay and for a better price that what the original part sold for. The part # XXXXX XXXXX and I am sending the Ebay link for the switch. I looked at the switch kit and it is exactly what you needed. I am here for further assistance and thank you for your time and patience, Randy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12001129-Fan-Light-Switch-for-Jenn-Air-Maytag-Cooktops-Custom-Percision-Cut-/270917116359?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f13eb21c7
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Guess what Randy? The $61 switch that was to replace mine only had 2 prongs, not 4, so I couldn't use it.

Gary

Okay, give me a bit so I can look up the switch again.