Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Oven temperature exceeds by 100degrees or more over set te

Oven temperature exceeds by 100degrees or more over set temperature.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you get us the model number so we can better assist you ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Model# jgbs23weh4ww Serial no. 184949p

Okay this is a gas range I see. what you need to replace is the oven thermostat. this is the part you turn to set the oven temp. these can be adjusted any more from what you did with the knob. this is available @ this is all electrical and doesn't involve any gas part of the range so you can do this yourself. hope this helps. thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Does the replacement thermostat fit on the same place as the current one?

yes its the exact replacement. make sure you unplug the range before servicing thats all.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

This is a gas range...I have no idea where the plug is

it will be plugged in behind the range, if you can get to it shut it off at the breaker.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry to be so slow in my reply...I suspected this would not be a repair that I would be capable of doing..I double checked with a parts person and he assured me the stove would have to be moved from the wall and the thermostate replacement part would have to be made from the back. I would have been more pleased with your help if you had suggested I get in touch with a professional...The nextime I have a problem with one of my GE appliances I will know where to go...a local professional.

I'm sorry , We don't like to just tell people to call a tech because it makes us look like we don't want to help and just telling you to call a tech is not really helping. unfortunately we don't always know if a person on the other end is capable or not of doing the repair but we try to help if they can. very best wishes and thanks, Bryan